Monday, March 05, 2007
So what ever happened with Dell?
Well, I think we've tackled the problems at hand and come to a satisfactory resolution. First of all, nothing really changed where Noni was concerned. She still doesn't have any plans to buy from them again, that I'm aware of.

Brad, from the Resolution Expert Center kept in touch with me doggedly until my problem was resolved. There are over twelve emails from him in my Gmail box, and I know I had already deleted some. The resolution ended up with me having to resend information that I was hoping to avoid, but in the end all my information is now combined on one usable business account instead of spread out over two useless ones. Plus, they gave my business a $100 credit for the hassle I had been through in trying to resolve the issue over the phone the first time. An atom in the bucket to Dell, but I took it as a good faith gesture. Although, it did make me feel a little dirty when they first offered the money. Obviously I got over it.

The unavoidable fact was that I was going to be ordering from Dell again, regardless of past issues. The fact that they have someone who tried to smooth the vendor/consumer relationship and make it a more palatable prospect shows me that they are getting the message that their customers have noticed the decline in their customer service and that they needed to win us back.

UPDATE: If you're not sure what I'm talking about you can see my initial fit of pique here. Follow-ups are here and here.